I am a theoretical astrophysicist working on the various aspects of neutron stars which are excellent astrophysical laboratories to test our knowledge of the matter under extreme conditions. I did my Ph.D. from the Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Kolkata in 2013. Thereafter I joined the Frankfurt Institute for Advanced Studies, Germany as a post-doctoral researcher. Then I worked at the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai as a visiting Fellow. Before joining Shiv Nadar University, Delhi NCR, I was an assistant professor of physics at Polba Mahavidyalaya, a state-aided college in West Bengal.
My research interest focuses on various aspects of Neutron Stars. More specifically I am interested in the following topics:
- Constraining the equation of state of Neutron Stars by using data coming from laboratory experiments as well as astrophysical observations including gravitational waves.
- Properties of Neutron Star crust
- Dynamical study of low-density nuclear matter relevant for Neutron Star crust and Supernova matter using molecular dynamics simulations on GPU platforms.
- Study of hadron-quark phase transition inside Neutron Star core and its possible observational signatures.
- Synthesis of heavy elements in binary Neutron Star mergers.
- Understanding the physics of pulsar glitches.
- Various oscillation modes of Neutron Stars etc.
- PHY590: Introduction to Astronomy and Astrophysics
- PHY599: Research Methodology
Received the Helmholtz International center for FAIR (HIC for FAIR) Post-doctoral
Fellowship for the period January 2013 - December 2015.
Received the “Professor A. P. Patro Memorial Award” for being adjudged the Best Student
of the One Year Post M. Sc. Associateship (Physics) Course, 2006-07 at Saha Institute of
Received the “Prof. Satyendra Nath Bose Memorial Bronze Medal” for securing the highest
marks in Theoretical Papers in Physics at the Master of Science examination, 2006 at