The topic of my thesis is to understand the effect of ionic liquids on the phase behavior of self-assembled amphiphiles. Amphiphilic molecules, such as surfactant and phospholipids, self-assemble in aqueous solution and form certain liquid crystalline structures. These structures can be altered by tuning the electrostatics of the system in the presence of charged ionic liquids. In turn, the materials show interesting physical properties which are important for industrial applications. Different x-ray scattering (x-ray diffraction, x-ray reflectivity, grazing incidence x-ray diffraction etc.), Langmuir-Blodgett trough and microscopy techniques are used at in-house and international synchrotron facilities to study the structures and properties of such soft materials and bio-systems.
- Experimental biophysics and soft matter physics.
- Model cellular membrane formed by lipid molecules.
- Synchrotron based and in-house x-ray scattering of self-assembled structure formed by amphiphiles.
- Lyotropic liquid crystalline systems.
- Rheological study of lyotropic liquid crystalline systems.
- Symposium on "Multidisciplinary research at the European Synchrotron Radiation Facility: An opportunity for Indian Science", Regional Centre for Biotechnology, Faridabad, Haryana - 121001, 14th June 2019.
- “Indian Beamline users' meeting, Photon Factory, KEK, Japan”, JNCASR, Bangalore 25-26 September 2018 (Oral presentation).
- “Theme meeting on SYNCHROTRON BASED CHARACTERIZATION TECHNIQUES”, Amity University, Noida, U.P. 4th and 5th September 2018 (Poster presentation).
- “SOFT AND ACTIVE MATTER” WORKSHOP, UGC-NETWORKING RESOURCE CENTRE, School of Physics, University of Hyderabad, 10th to 18th February 2018 (Poster presentation).
- Recent Trends in Cell & Molecular Biology Research, National conference organized by Dept. of Life Sciences, School of Natural Sciences, Shiv Nadar University, 27th and 28th Oct 2017 (Poster presentation).
- RSC sponsored one day workshop on ''Recent advances in Chemistry and Biology'', Dept. of Chemistry, Shiv Nadar University, 15th December 2016 (Poster presentation).
DST- INSPIRE SCHOLARSHIP
- DST -SERB travel grant (visa fee, air ticket, registration fee) to travel Madrid, Spain for attending " Joint 12th EBSA, 10th ICBP-IUPAP Biophysics Congress": 20th July to 24th July 2019.
- DST travel grant to travel to Photon Factory, Tsukuba, Japan for performing Synchrotron X-ray Scattering Experiments (1) 24th April to 1st May 2017 (2) 6th February to 12th February 2017 and (3) 30th January to 7th February 2018.
- 3rd Best Poster Award in RSC sponsored one day workshop (15th Dec 2016, SNU)
- DST- INSPIRE scholarship from 2009 to 2014.
- DST-INSPIRE fellowship from 2016 (PhD Fellowship - pursuing).